Tuesday, January 20

Tough days

I really appreciate getting comments on my blog about my weight loss journey - it is so encouraging to hear from people I don't even know..especially on days like today!

Today was one of those days when I just wanted to get some work done for the flying group and then sit on the computer doing nothing.
I guess I was sliding because my heart rate monitor showed I burned over 1300 calories last night in my 1 hr squash game - almost all of it in an anerobic state at 90% of MHR - lets hope some of those 1300 calories are FAT calories.
Anyhow, today I felt lazy - but I pushed myself after my morning meetings and told myself that I could not go onto the internet until I finished some form of exercise.

This post is being sent from the upstairs ladies room lounge at the squash club. I didn't have my ipod with me, so I didn't go onto the cardio machines I just went onto a court and practiced my shots for 20 minutes and then helped a new girl learn how to play squash...this part didn't get my heart rate up, but made me feel better about my own playing...which is good because I'm getting beat in most of my league games.  These young girls don't give me any leeway for being a older overweight woman. I don't really want them to give me a break - I am too competitive to want them to give me a light game on purpose.


2 comments:

  1. Kudos for getting out there even though you wanted to sit on your rump! I know the feeling. If it weren't for the lady coming to clean the room I may have stayed on my rump also.

    Kudos also for burning up 1300 calories last night! That is wonderful!! Don't you feel good about that? I sure would!

    Seeing your butter inspires me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I burned so many calories I think my HRM is not working correctly. It also has been showing my resting heart rate test setting at over 50 which makes me in the elite catagory.
    I DON'T THINK SO!!!
    Renting a bike sounds like a great idea.
    If you get invited to Mr & Mrs Obama's that would be tre' cool.

    ReplyDelete