I started off this morning planning to join the hubby on a flight to London for the weekend..leaving around 6:00 today and coming home Monday.
Then the daughter called - the hard drive on her computer physically fell apart (3 mos after warranty expired of course) and needed to get replaced, but she has no software discs to reload the operating system and none of her friends have discs to help her out, so she needs her mother to drive out there and help.
After checking the weather in London and reading that Sunday was expected to be only 5c and raining, I decided to take a pass on joining hubby. I'll go another time. Daughter beckons.
So, instead of flying to England I spent the entire day in front of my computer doing the years financial data for the CCAF's AGM.
After working on this stuff for several hours I've just sat and vegged in front of the computer watching the tv series It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia...funny, stupid show.
That was my day...seating in front of a computer screen.
It's now after midnight and time to turn it off.
Tomorrow I drive to help Kelly fix her laptop. I think I'll take Cleo so it won't matter what time I get back. As long as the weather is good with no snow storms I'll stay out there for the day and take Kelly and the boyfriend or room-mates out for dinner.
No exercise this weekend but I think I've dropped another 1 or 2 lbs this week....I won't do the weight-in until Monday morning.
I am participating in a "Biggest Loser Challenge" at the squash club and Monday is the official start and weight-in.
I'm hoping that gives me some more incentive to keep this up.
It really is tough at this point - it hasn't been long enough for a change of diet to become an ingrained habit and the slow 1-2 lb per week loss seem so minuscule.
Even though I do notice a slimming in the calves and the hubby claims my derriere looked smaller this morning, it seems like an enormous amount to loss.
I have had a huge urge for the past two days to eat some junk food, like one of those jumbo chocolate chip cookies at Starbucks, or some potato chips...but I refuse to give in and let all my hard work be destroyed by junk food urges!
Once I loss more of this weight I will allow myself to have some 'junk' days, but not yet. I know it would stop the whole effort dead in it's tracks.
I will not quit!
After all those years spent riding I know if you fall off that you just get back up and keep going!
Time to close this darn machine down.
From the frigid north,
Good night.

No comments:
Post a Comment