Monday, March 16

IN SYNC

Just finished reading my sister in-law Ella's blog and are we ever in sync.

Here I was feeling so bad because for the past two or three weeks I haven't kept my food journal, after 14 weeks of steady recording.

At least she has been working out regularly, whereas I am neglecting my body, heart and mind. At least neglecting it in the physical dept!

I have a ton of excuses...all revolving around bad weather, no time and other nonsense.

Yesterday was a great day. The sun was shining, the weather had warmed up and I was motivated.  I put on my hiking runners, got the dogs leash and headed out for a nice walk.
We went across the fields and detoured to the neighbouring sod farms...thinking they would be a good dry place to walk a couple of kilometers.
Well I ended up with very wet feet, but thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Today was another bright sunny morning, a little crispy in temperature..but again I got the dog and headed out towards the river, going up and down the hills to get there.
It was a lot dryer today, which made my feet happy, plus I wore my heart rate monitor again.

I've also been neglecting the heart rate monitor. Which is not a good thing. I find that wearing the HRM is a huge motivator to walk faster or farther.
It keeps me on track with my food calorie count as well.

So, Ella...I am back. ARE YOU?!!!!!

I have tried two different challenge groups...one from a podcast I listen too and the other from my squash club - both are 12 week durations.
They both are lousy challenges because they don't do anything to keep in touch with you other than once a week. That's not good enough for me..I need constant feedback from the other participants or I get BORED!

I'm going to forget those challenges and create a new one..shorter than 12 weeks.

ELLA - I challenge you to a two week two pound challenge!  
ARE YOU FEARLESS?  
ARE YOU GAME?!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Of course I am fearless! Of course I am game!

    You would happen to pick it when one of the weeks I am going to be in Germany but I will prevail. 2 pounds it is then.

    I will take a weight tomorrow morning and post the photo on my blog as a beginning weight proof - plus that can be my photo of the day.

    I challenge is on baby!!! Bring it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, LAME excuse...I will be in Florida for a wedding, so we are SO EVEN!!!

    Dave took our camera on his Paris layover tonight, so no photo proof, but I will take my weight tomorrow and you will just have to trust me ;>0

    That's TWO Butter Blocks!
    Not little sticks...whole blocks!

    Keep blogging while away.
    When do you leave?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good plan, changing things up a bit and getting back to the heart rate monitor. Good luck with the challenge.. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lyn....are you wanting in on the two week challenge!
    It's only two weeks!!!

    Your not chicken are you? :>))

    Come on, it will be fun. And it may help to lose some weight.

    I know for me it will get me back into the swing of moving my butt out of the chair and getting outside a bit more...and not just outside into my car, which is usually the only way I go outdoors.

    I am getting into the major part of the annual prom dress donation program I started 3 years ago - that will keep me extremely busy over the next few weeks...if your interested in what that is go to our site www.ballroom-blitz.org
    Basically, we collect prom style dresses for girls graduating high school who can't afford the cost of buying a dress.

    Come on - let me hear back from you with ...."YES I WILL JOIN YOU AND ELLA ON THE 2 LB 2 WK CHALLENGE".

    ReplyDelete