Friday, January 16

Divorce and Diets


There is an expression - the seven year itch.

This expression stems from the fact that so many marriages fail at the 7 year period.

Well I think dieting is very much like a marriage.
It's hard work and you need to constantly make changes in your life to accommadate the up and downs along the way or else it fails.

For me, dieting is not a 7 year itch...it's a 6 weeks or 10 lbs, whichever occurs first, itch.

This is getting close to the time when I feel tired of recording foods that I eat every day and I start feeling like this is work not fun -  it is not a lifestyle choice but a lifestyle chore.

So I was looking for a way that I would not let my weightloss falter and just go back to my old eating habits and lazy no exercise days.

I thought that a visual reference would help me see what I've accomplished so far - and would help keep me motivated in my weight loss journey.

Hence the butter photo below.

For every pound of fat I lose I am going to add a 1 lb block of butter into this photo.

This is the amount of fat I've lost so far.  Pretty motivating?



Wow - that is a lot of fat I have shed off my body!
Okay, I am giving myself a pat on the back and feeling good - I WILL NOT STOP!

On a different note - I am pleased to report that sister in-law HH is also down in her fitness attempts.

She is down 5 years just overnight!

Wii fitness to the rescue!

Here is a photo of HH then and now.

HH TWO DAYS AGO                                              HH NOW


Way to go HH! Have a great trip to Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment