Saturday, January 17

Pills Books Videos Overload!

Have you ever noticed that there is an overwhelming source of “experts” online with tips on how to lose weight instantly. Hundreds of “gurus” and their diet books and exercise books. Or at the local bookstore the myriad of “healthy eating”, diet and exercise books. In the health food and grocery stores, the abundance of weight loss pills, powders and bars.

No wonder the diet industry is a billion dollar a year business.  We are suckers for the latest article on how to lose our excess weight overnight, or food item to burn off that fat.

I think this quagmire of information has left most people frustrated, disillusioned and confused. Who are we supposed to believe anymore.

Even the doctors and research scientists give a tremendous amount of contradictory advice. Everyone seems to have an opinion and everyone seems to tell us something different.

Well I have it figured out. Shall I share it with you?

Losing fat is NOT easy – but is is simple.  Nothing very complicated. 

There is no such thing as a “quick fix and easy fat loss”.

Hard work is the only way fat loss can be accomplished.  Doesn’t this sound like something our parents tell us about life. This is what we get for not listening to them in the first place.

Goal Setting! This is something I never do in my life and realize that perhaps it’s time to start goal setting and using some of my minds power to achieve the goals I desire.  All the knowledge in the world is useless if I can’t get myself to apply it!  I know what to do…I just don’t do it.

Some days I just can’t get motivated to work out and have lapses in willpower.  I’ve followed diets for weeks and then “fell off the wagon”.  Why have I always sabotaged myself? These are questions I have recently asked myself and I’m starting to answer them and move foreward.

  • 1.      Reduce the amount of meal replacement foods.  It is tempting to believe that all you need to solve the excess body fat problem is a pill or diet drink. The supplement companies sure try to get us to believe that.  Meal replacements products have no magic fat-reducing properties. They are nothing more than powdered food whose primary benefit is convenience.  I tend to rely upon these conveniences too often and will try to eat real food instead, using a protein shake occasionally instead of daily.
  • 2.      Be patient.   The fat didn’t just appear overnight – it took 10 years. It isn’t going to just go away in a week or a month.
  • 3.      Set realistic goals and WRITE THEM DOWN.  Review them. Review them again. Review them once more.  “The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but it is too low and we reach it”, Michelangelo.  Not setting a goal is like shooting at a target with a blindfold on. How can I hit a target if I can’t see it?  I have spent more time planning a party than planning a goal in life…that changes NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment