Sunday, January 18

I am going to make heads turn!

I have never been the type of person to make lists and set goals.  I was always successful in my career and while I sent my sales teams to listen to top motivational speakers I actually looked down upon the whole idea of 'visualization' type of training and the whole goal setting format of writing down your goal and then reviewing it on a regular basis. (note: this was many many years ago)

Well, I've decided I was wrong and this may be the reason I have failed in the past several years and while trying to lose weight I just seemed to gain more of it.

I am going to set out some firm goals and review them on a daily basis.  These goals are all in the present tense and are positive.

  • I am so happy and thankful that I am at 20% body fat
  • I am losing body fat and reaching my goal of 140 lbs and body fat of 20% by Dec 31, 2009
  • I am fitting into a size 12 jean by Sept and looking great
  • I am a fitness success story and the magazines are going to want to do an article on me
  • My flight suit fits me for this season show season
  • I wake up each morning at 7:30 and have my first meal and cardio before 9:00
  • I strive to constantly improve my body and genetic potential
  • I am grateful and proud of how I look
  • I am leading by example for others I love
  • I am developing good eating habits and consistent exercise habits into my lifestyle for the rest of my life
  • I carry my goals with me and read them as often as possible
  • I am buying new clothes to show off my new body; a killer fitted leather jacket, new shoes, great shorts
  • Heads turn when I walk by in my shorts
  • I look hot in my bathing suit and shorts
The reason these goals are in the present tense is that I know believe that if I just make the goals as future, as in "I will, or I am going to", then it is not as attainable and I will not be thinking like a slim person.
If I think like a slim person, I will become a slim person.

This past week I have burned off over 3000 calories from exercise. I haven't gone through my journal for the week to see what the deficit in food is going to be.
I strive to reduce only 400-600 calories per day, this gives me a range of 1200 - 1700 calories for food. 
My basic maintenance calorie level is just over 2000.

1 comment:

  1. Your goals are great! Present tense is the only way to go. We are both going to be turning heads come summer!!!

    ReplyDelete