Monday, January 19

I'm not the same person I was!

Heraclitus, the Greek philosopher, said, "You cannot step in the same river twice." What he meant was that a river may look the same every day, but it never is the same because of the never-ending flow of new water running through it. The same is true of the human body.  Although your body appears quite solid, it's always in constant state of flux as old cells die and new ones replace them.

Quantum physicists have proven that 98% of the atoms in your body are replaced with one year.  Every three months, you body produces an entirely new skeleton. Every six weeks all the cells have been replaced in your liver. You have a new stomach lining every five days. You are continually replacing old blood cells with new ones. Every month you produce new skin as dead cells shed and new cells grow underneath.  The proteins in your muscles are continually turned over as muscle is broken down and new tissue is synthesized.  Even your DNA as physical cells were not there six weeks ago.  Every cell in your body is constantly being recycled. (excerpt Tom Venuti)

 From a molecular point of view, you are not the same person you were a year ago!

Isn't it too bad that when some of those cells and changing that they could just disintegrate and never reproduce....such as maybe...gee, all those fat cells in my body!

To help those nasty fat cells along in their disappearing act I have recording below a list of foods that I am going to take a pass on and not eat.
  • Ice cream
  • Fried foods
  • Doughnuts and pastries 
  • Candy bars, chocolate and sweets :>(
  • Soda
  • Fruit drinks and any sugar sweetened beverage 
  • Potato chips :>(
  • Bacon, sausage :>(
  • White bread
  • Hot dogs or fast food hamburgers
  • Cookies
  • Sugary breakfast cereals
I dropped 2 lbs last week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is what I have lost so far.....
I really like using this visual to show my weight loss...as those lbs of butter get higher it totally grosses me out, but I love to see what I have lost. One of these days the picture will take up the whole width of the screen!

2 comments:

  1. I love the butter picture!! 2 lbs is absolutely terrific!!!!! Keep up the good (slash that) GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the words of encouragement Ella. I really needed them today when I wanted to just sit on my computer and skip the gym.

    ReplyDelete